About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day

Its wonderful to have an extra day off for most people, they will be able to get out with friends & BBQ but we still have to remember what this day means to a lot of people in the US. Its not always a happy day, in fact for a lot of people its a sad day a time for them to remember their loved ones they have lost, to thank them for what they have given for the rest of us. I am not going to push this in any ones face which is why I am writing it on my blog. I want to take a moment to thank the 2 hero's in my life, one I have lost that will always be a hole in my heart and one thank goodness is still with me safe & sound stateside. Even if its a little typed message to someone you know who has served just say thank you, it will mean the world to them!

My Hero!
USMC Hay's, Timothy
This is an outstanding man with great accomplishments in his life! He has a wonderful loving family who anyone would fall in love with once you meet them! He just finished his 1st tour in Afghanistan and made it home safely last month! Very very soon I will get to give him a big bear hug probably cry on his shoulder a bit and than jump out of an airplane with! Hes has always been my adrenaline buddy and very close to my heart!
us back in the college days
Strong

Brave
Kind & Loving

Smart
Thank You! Cant wait to see you in a few short weeks!


My Hero I lost.
Cpl. Kory D. Wiens & Sgt. Cooper
94th Mine Dog Detachment, 5th Engineer Battalion, 1st Engineer Brigade
We lost Kory & his dog Cooper on July 6th 2007, Kory the age of 20 not even old enough to drink. He was an amazing solider and only dreamed of protecting his country & the ones he loved. I still remember every moment of what happened the day I was driving home from work and got the phone call. That memory will never leave my head and I will never forget the people who helped me through it.
 It was a sunny Friday evening when a very close friend called me and told me the news, I proceeded to yell at her and tell her and I quote "That's not a fucking funny joke." than hung up on her and started crying, barley making it home in my tear fog. Two days later on Sunday to try and numb some of my pain I rushed out & got a memorial tattoo on the top of my left foot for him and his dog Cooper. He would have loved it, tattoos where our thing! I cant even say much on here without tearing up, it is very hard even to this day. He was the most kind gentle man I have ever had the chance to meet. When I was able to talk to him over seas he never let me think I had anything to worry about, he was always happy & asking how I was.
Reminds me everyday. Love & Miss you both!
I have so many good memories of his and I's conversations that keep me smiling on most days. I still keep letters we exchanged.
Letters
Us in 2005 on graduation day!
In Psychology class!

one of my favorite pictures of him & coop!
Here is a video that was done amazing of him and coop. Be sure to have tissues its emotional and touching.
Thank You so much and know I think about you two always! I Love & Miss you all the time.

1 comment:

Melissa S. said...

I know he is with us this weekend, and everyday. There isn't much I can say that you haven't, so I will let your words speak for themselves :) We'll keep his memory alive his laughter and smile in our hearts forever.