About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Skydive Adventure!

My good friend Tim is up in Oregon on leave from 29 stumps and while he was here I got to spend 2 whole days with him! Here is a little back ground on us just so you know how we tick. I want to High School with Tim all 4 yrs and than we ended up at the same University where we became very close and our friendship stuck! Now I had been Bungee jumping for my 18th birthday so when I meet Tim he had the same dare devil quality I possessed (yes where both crazy), and on his 21st birthday I took him bungee jumping just him and I.

So naturally after that I told him one day I'll take you skydiving since its the next thing on our (lets see if we can kill ourselves) list.  About 3 years went by and lots happened, he has become my hero in the armed forces, served 8 months over seas and I have my own business working my butt off as well! When Tim and I were making plans for his return & leave up here in good old Oregon aka Home, I just knew exactly what special thing we had to do together! by now I'm sure he thought I forgot and that it was never going to happen but I would never forget such a thing I promised before he left to join the devil dogs and promised all those years ago!

On to the main event we went... Mike (our new dare devil side kick), Tim & myself hoped in a newly washed Jeep Rubicon and head on our road tip to Central Oregon Skydiving in Madras, OR!
We look back now and even though it was a 3hr drive we're all so happy we had to drive cause the weather we left behind was rain and gray(no dive weather) central Oregon right after Sisters was beautiful and sunny!
Our little dive plane and the Jeep going on its 1st real dangerous adventure!
Mike chose to be the 1st test subject and suited up! Tim & I decided with bungee jumping under our belts its best if Mike just go's for it without thinking twice!
Go Mike!
Last chance to back out..naah!













Mikes dive, look for the little tinny black dot in the sky! Oh and enjoy the comentary..



To me it just seems so surral still that I totally jumped out of a plan at 10,000feet, free fell for almost 1 minute and than had a birds eye view on a gorgus day of the earth! Yeah it was amazing plus i got to do it with 2 sexy men what else could a girl ask for!
Me getting suited up!
Way ready after I let both boys dive 1st!











I think the boys were a little nervous so I let the "ladies" go 1st as I took a back seat! When it came time for me I was more than ready!

My dive video, and yes I got pink & purple on my parashut!


I cant even discribe it the jump was amazing and I had a smile the hole way down!
Mike and I after my dive!

Tim & I with gooffy smiles!



3 comments:

Melissa S. said...

I"m so glad you guys had such a great time!!

Jessica Jarrell said...

Oh, you are brave! I know I could never do that. I'd probably have a heart attack mid-jump. Jerame has sky-dived though, he said it was the scariest thing he ever did. But I bet the adrenaline rush was amazing! :)

Emme said...

It was amazing and I will totally do it again!