About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall time is my favorite time!

Don't get me wrong I love summer a lot but fall might have to be my favorite since its socially acceptable for you to bake & cook everyday & people will eat it now too! I also finally have time for more blogging. What a whirl wind of a summer & Indian summer for that matter. My annual Halloween/ zombie shooting party is coming up on the 31st! I love to see all the little kids dress up and this year instead of just letting them grab a handful of candy I have decided to make little goodie bags with candy and toys in them! Super excited for that plus as always Mike & I will be dressing up! This year we are going as Marilyn Monroe & JFK conspiracy style, I'll have pill bottles in my hair & as a bracelet Mike will have 1/2 a brain sitting on his shoulders! Last year we dressed Tajuan up so where thinking this year T-man might have to be the "second shooter" lol! It's a perfect plan and I'm über excited! Thank goodness for Pintrest I have been fringing fun Halloween food ideas on there!

Speaking of pintrest I made Pumpkin cookies last night from a yummy recipe floating around on there! I'll share it with you right now...
I cut this cookie recipe in 1/2 just cause it makes a lot!


The BEST Pumpkin Cookies EVER
adapted from Salted Sugar yeild: about 5 dozen cookies
 Ingredients:
  •  2 cups sugar (1cup)
  • 2 cups shortening (1 cup)
  • 2 cups pumpkin (the can should say 100% pure pumpkin…don’t accidentally buy the pumpkin pie filling! You don’t want the sweetened stuff) (1cup)
  • 2 eggs (1egg)
  • 2 tsp. vanilla (1tsp)
  • 5 cups flour (2 1/2 cups)
  • 4 tsp. baking powder (2tsp)
  • 1 tsp. salt (1/2 tsp)
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon (1tsp)
  • 2 tsp. baking soda (1tsp)
  • 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tsp. nutmeg(1tsp)
  •  ¾ tsp. cloves
  • used a 1tsp of all spice in replace of the pumpkin pie spice & cloves
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350° F.
  • In an electric mixer, blend shortening and sugar.
  • Add pumpkin and mix.
  • Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each one.
  • Add vanilla extract and mix.
  • In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and cloves.
  • Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients one cup at a time
  • Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes (I found that mine were perfect after 12).
  • Meanwhile, make your frosting 
  • Once cookies have cooled, frost and add your favorite festive sprinkles. Enjoy!
Vanilla Butter cream Frosting  
*If only making this frosting, make one and a half recipes. Makes a lot I cut in 1/2
  • 4 ¼ cups powdered sugar
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • ¼ cup half and half
  • add orange food coloring for a festive touch (I did 8 drops yellow, 5 drops red)

They turned out very good!
The little bit of frosting on them was to die for! Its a nice small & quick recipe for that pumpkin craving! A little fun fact the picture of the cookies was taken with my new iPad! I am in love with it and do everything on it even though it supposed to be for work!

No comments: