About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Mom!

Tonight I am hosting a birthday dinner for my wonderful mom who is proudly turning 49! She does not know it yet but I am starting to think this is even better than 50, she has been a San Fransisco 49ers fan for so long that I think being 49 is awesome sounding because now when people ask she can say 49..ers lol! I think its appropriate to have a dinner tonight and watch our 49ers stomp on some Lions in the Sunday night game!

The Girls
A little craft project I did recently for someone's wedding shower was an idea I found on non other than the infamous Pintrest! I took a plain glass candle holder from the Dollar Store, wrapped rubber bands around them, and picked up spray paint from Michael's craft store along with a candle holder tray. I spray painted the glass in brushed metal carmel with the rubber bands on, doing 3 coats because you want them to only show light through where the rubber bands are...
Let paint dry over night then remove rubber bands. Note: over a garbage can because they leave little flakes all over including your fingers. Wipe off gently with a dry paper towel to remove any flakes.


Don't they turn out so neat! I was way excited, I had to make some for my mom too! Another thing you can do to go along with it is put whole coffee beans at the bottom only a 1/4 full and place a vanilla tea light on them. As the tea light warms up it warms the coffee beans around it and makes the room smell like warm vanilla coffee!





No comments: