About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

An exrta day at Home!

I had today off which is a rare thing now a days so its kinda like my spring break! What did I do with my day off? Well I made taco soup in the crock pot, baked lemon blueberry crumble muffins using my own version of Oregon Transplant recipe! She inspied me to make them!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 tbsp lemon extract
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup canola oil applesauce
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup blueberries

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour through lemon zest. In another bowl, mix oil through egg. Add liquid into flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin pan 3/4 full (I recommend using liners on this recipe).
3. Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on baking rack until muffins are completely cool.

Topping-
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter, cold
To make topping, combine brown sugar through cinnamon. Cut in cold butter until it resembles coarse sand. Fill cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle topping over batter.

Lets see what else..Oh yes I read while bubba napped in the sun..
I know its a hard life for us lol! It just felt so good not to have to go to work today! I got all my work papers organized for the past 3 months cause I have been bad and been behind. I just needed a breath and to step away from the shop for a bit! Having your month by month planed out into the fall can be a little over whelming for a 25 year old. So I have to take these random days when I can! And today has been lovely!

1 comment:

Jessica Jarrell said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! And your muffins look delicious! Yum!