About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whats the Trend?

I am a Hairdresser/Nail technician and a lot of clients look to me for what the newest trends and fashion are. I guess I could just tell them to look in the latest Glamour, Lucky or People style but even than people have a hard time finding something for them and they get over whelmed. Trust me I am in that same boat, there is always so much fashion and styles coming at me from all directions I get thrown off. So today I am going to try and show you some of the things that I like and feel comfortable in and also what I'm seeing as trend in the hair world witch a lot of times is where the fashion can inspire/start your journey. Have the right cut and color for you can bring your wardrobe and makeup to life again!

Lets start with Hair, what I am seeing that "real people" not runway people are wearing and wanting are things a little more natural and one color with just subtle changes. Along with that they want a little less maintenance. Keep in mind a lot of women now are embracing their natural color or close to that color! its about loving the beauty you where born with, feeling confident in that skin and that will make everything come together!
This is a Wella blond but for the blonds they want multi tone blond yet still in the same warm or cool tone. Your seeing an almost one solid color with subtle movement.


This is a gorgeous slight A-line bob with just soft mocha highlights sun kissed in her natural color witch has just been shined up with a semi color gloss! Beautiful and simple yet Red Carpet ready!


The Ombre Hair is still here but its a little more soft. Starting with your natural color and lightning from that so you get more of a natural fade. Its also a lower maintenance look cause lets face it you already have grow out so you don't have to worry about touching up as often lol!
Red! What can I say I am a little bias but lets face it no person has this natural color of red but on people with lighter pinkish skin tone and blue or green eyes this color dose look natural. But before you go changing to red you have to know its really one of the hardest colors to keep looking fresh. It loves to fade out and the up keep is one of the most high maintenance colors. You have to know that before going in to the Red Zone!

This is an elegant natural color with a hint, I mean hint of taupe highlights. I know taupe is a strange color to consider putting in hair but that's really what it is. Not warm or cool but a little of both its a supporting color that helps other colors stand out and take the stage!
This is what you would call adding low lights to brown hair. The cut is a little extreme but the idea is to add a soft dark red or dark brown to already dark hair so that when light hits it your eye catches that pop of color but than in shade it gets more of a one tone all over shine look. Its kinda like your hidden inner sex kitten ;)
These are all looks that all women can wear and feel sexy in! We need to just stop fighting against your natural beauty and just enhance it! I want you to take take a deep breath and let this soak in before I move on, so ill post clothing and make up in their very own posts later on!

5 comments:

Jessica Jarrell said...

I just over a black hair color phase. Talk about a hard hair color to maintain, sheesh! I am rocking dark red right now! As you know (since you did my hair for quite a while!) my hair takes to red quite well :)

Emme said...

And a hard color to remove lol! Thats the beauty of playing with your natrual tones, not have to fight with it wich means better hair days and more carefree days! Im glad your softing it a little, I think with your beautiful soft skin tone the dark was too harsh for you.

Jessica Jarrell said...

I really liked it actually, I felt exotic! lol. The problem was I had light roots every 2 weeks that I had to maintain. I am starting to soften. Baby steps, baby steps :)

Emme said...

Dont get me wrong I liked the more color and exotic too and you can still have that look with a deep rich brown instead of a dark brown. I love my hair a deep red even though its the exact level as my natural but i use a violet (deep)tone with it so it looks darker on me and my grow out still comes in a little lighter but not as much!

Deep Brown: http://www.niceimage.org/2011/09/16/brown-hair-color/

Dark Brown: http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstylephotos/ss/haircol_7.htm

Emme said...

It is hard to change once you have gone darker with out damaging it a little. Let me know if you have any questions!