About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Saturday, March 10, 2012

As the days Fly By!

As I am sitting here on my butt after a long day at work getting the energy to clean up the dishes, I am reminded that I need to get my butt in shape (in this case round is not an acceptable shape). I really wanted to have a fun thing to look forward to but that would also force me to push myself to physically feel better, so I signed a team up for the Terrain Mud Run in Eugene may 12th. Now I know that might be asking a lot, I however will not be running but speed walking this event hahaha don't make me laugh; me running! Its 3 miles of dirty dirty mud in all forms with 20 obstacle courses to test your skills on, you will be covered in mud at the end. Here is the awesome news... At the end is live music free beer and food! So ill be able to put all those calories I just burned right back on lol! Actually I am so excited for it, I wanted to do it last year but was not quite in the right place to do it. Now if I could only get off my butt and train. You'll love this, Our team name is Oregon Muddies!

Terrain Mud Run 2012
I have to say with my work schedule I have been finding it extremely hard for me to get on a normal eating and workout routine. I leave the house at 9am & find my way back home around 8pm or so after being on my feet all day so you can see where a normal work out schedule in complicated. I am going to have to decide if giving up some sleep & my coffee in the morning is going to be worth it. I have always been better at working out in the evening but working late every night dose not permit that to happen. I am going to have to set up a schedule this weekend and stick to it until my body knows it by heart!

2 comments:

Jessica Jarrell said...

That sounds like such fun! I will agree with you, it's so hard to find time to workout when you work a crazy schedule. I never felt like working out when I was working, I was too tired!

Emme said...

Its not that I feel tired its that I get a second wind when i am at home after dinner but I always want to do other ting to spend time with my boys.

Like they always say if its important to you, you'll find a way to get it done.