About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Monday, March 5, 2012

Crock Pot Mongolian Beef

Crock Pot Mongolian Beef
This turned out so good! I made some changes to my recipe but Ill post the hole recipe from Very Culinary blog another yummy thing I found on Pinterest! All recipes on here can be found on my Whats Cooking page as well! Again everything I changed is in bold and didn't do is crossed out!

Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours on low

Ingredients
• 1 1/2 pound flank steak or ball tip steak (used a lean sirloin steak instead)• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white wine1/4 cup cooking sherry ( I used 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce)• 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar( I like vinegar so I used a hole tablespoon)
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon molasses
• 1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon dried onion (I didn't use onion)• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon peanut butter or sunflower butter
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 scallions, chopped (used green onion)

Directions
Slice the meat thin and coat evenly with the cornstarch, shaking off any excess.
Put all the liquids and dry spices into the crock pot, add sunflower butter (or peanut butter) and mix well.
Everything but the meat!

Add garlic and scallions. Put meat on top, toss gingerly.
dose not look the best but turns out so yummy!

Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve over white rice.
 (Served it over white rice and yellow, red, orange mini bell peppers)
om nom nom!

Print this recipe (originally from Notes from the Heartland)

No comments: