About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Monday, March 5, 2012

Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been baking like a made woman! I just made as the title says Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies! I am on Pinterest and love seeing the recipes people find and this one I found which took me to Chef in Training blog and I wanted to try it! I added some directions that I thought needed to be there but I put them in Bold so you could tell what I added!

Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
semi-sweet chocolate chips
Shredded Coconut


Put shredded coconut on a cookie sheet and broil until toasted.
It was my 1st time toasting coconut and it took me two tries before getting it right.. The thing that final worked for me was putting parchment paper on a baking sheet and only putting a little coconut so it is all spared out not lying on top in piles than only putting them in for like 1min @ 375 degrees. Check them often and kinda shake them around on the pan!

Cream butter and sugars together.
Add in eggs & vanilla blend well.
Add all dry ingredients and mix together.

Add semi-sweet chocolate chips
Roll into 1-inch balls and press some of the toasted coconut on top.  I use a cookies scoop!

Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jessica Jarrell said...

Yum, these look good! I think I have some coconut left over from Christmas, I might give these a whirl!

Emme said...

They did turn out good! After I burnt the coconut twice lol!