About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Monday, March 5, 2012

Rainy Oregon Days

What happens in the Mackey/Elsbury house on a gray rainy day in Oregon is well not a whole lot of anything but baking & cooking, there is some Bruce Willis movie watching, Lego building and of course laundry! Thank goodness we got out in the yard and mowed the lawn yesterday cause today it was a little nasty out. I managed to make some yummy banana bread (pictures to come), it was my 1st banana bread by myself came out a little crispy on the outside but I forget our oven is old and runs a little on the hot side. All in all it turned out pretty dang good! Mike did a delicious whole chicken in a glaze with home made stuffing,  wow weee tasty!  Then tonight he made two different kinds of bagels cinnamon raisin (for me) and tomato pesto, my man is amazing!  I will put pictures and recipes up for all our delightfully delicious creations! Tajuan learned mommy likes him much better in a cute short puppy cut, and mommy learned its really hard to cut a straight line with a wiggly puppy!

Watched Tears of the Sun and Set Up
Very good movie, kind violent and sad but well done action! Of course its Bruce Willis!

It was OK, kinda predictable and also hard to follow in some places but its Bruce Willis so can't be bad!

2 comments:

Jessica Jarrell said...

I am so jealous Mike can cook a whole chicken! lol

Emme said...

In my next blog all tell you how he did it and the glaze we used, maybe it would give you some ideas!