About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Surviving the 25th Birthday

First and for most I must give you the 7 major things survival list of what you will need to survive your 25th birthday before I go into details of how I made it past mine!s

1) Drinks (notice the s @ the end) that should go without saying!
2) Really good friends by your side!
3) A Family or 2 to help you through your quarter life crisis time!
4) Very helpful, attractive man that can cook & clean! (optional)
5) High heels cause they just make your sagging butt look better!
6) Of course a cute outfit!
7) You cant forget your quarter crisis theme song!

Now you're ready...Or are you? Ok I am being a little dramatic but when you do reach 25yrs it seems so unreal just because it is one of those ages that is always talked about. The age your car insure goes down, the age people start thinking about marriage, kids and houses. The age you must start using age defying products and under eye creams. Its also the age you realize that you cant eat everything you want, and 21+ was not that good to you in the weight department so now you have to work your butt off to keep it off lol.

 I guess lets face it, theses days people find their soul mates much later in life and 30 is the new "lets think about kids and making the American dream ours" age. So yes as you know I did survive turning 25 and I am now over my quarter life crisis hump after much needed rest, cake/deserts and pouting!

Let me start at the top of the survival list!
          1) Started out the birthday week with the friends on Sunday night for dinner & fish bowl margaritas at a local Mexican food restaurant. Than moved on to the bowling alley where I was turned onto this amazing drink called oatmeal cookies, yes as good as it sounds! Monday night had the family over for a big pot of ground turkey chili, mimosa's and the banana peanut butter muffins! Tuesday continued with the other side of the family for sushi & Saki tasting. We moved on to meet the whole family (SURPRISE) for desert at a Hungarian restaurant with some good red wine called Bulls Blood!
          2) There are 5 of us girls from middle/high school that all have our birthdays in February and every year we still manage to celebrate it together on one day! This year we were minus two girls (the twins) but they were in our thoughts as they get through some tough family times.
          3)  I have many families that wanted to show love and support. I have my mom's side, my dads side, my adopted family side aka ( mom's best friend/ my god parents) and many more people I consider my family! All of them spent time with me and spoiled me!
          4) My oh so wonderful man showered me with love and understanding! Sunday took me shopping for clothes, got me a cute new outfit for birthday dinner with the girls, that covers #6. Monday he made me eggs Benedict one of my favorite breakfasts and cleaned house. Tuesday morning made me chocolate chip and peanut butter stuffed french toast with a mimosa! 
           5) I didnt wear heels out :( but I wore super cute new flats, so I sported the saggy butt look!
           6) Covered that one in #4 's mumbo jumbo...
           7) I went with a wonderful new song that my man found & than sent to me Oh Darling (feat. Cady Groves) by Plug In Stereo! 

I have to say I survived very well with only a few break downs & minor pitty parties here or there. These are some pictures from the birthday dinner with friends!

After the drinks and dinner!

Three of the 5 feb birthday girls!

Good friends all through middle school & beyond!

1 comment:

Jessica Jarrell said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Your hair is so long, I can't believe it! I love it red! And again, happy birthday!