About Me

My photo
People say you shouldn't tempt fate...I say fate should not tempt me

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fun things in my Profession

Its not everyday that a client like this comes around wanting a hair style/color like what I am about to show you. In fact its very rare in my smallish town, so when she found my website and looked me up I was super stoked about what she was describing! Before I tell you anymore I have to say it took me 4hrs to accomplish this look just wanting to make everything perfect!

In walks "client pink" to my shop for a consultation about finding a new look she sits down in my chair and we talk about what she is looking for and how to achieve it. "Client Pink" says to me I want a new fresh cut something mid lengh to my shoulders that has some layers/volume but can be washed and worn since she is an outdoors type of girl. Ok I say no problem! Than "client pink" say  I would also love to change the color as well. I am looking for something Pink almost all over that might be low matanice. "Client Pink" already has reminisce of pink highlights in her hair that some one else has put in, she also has about a 2" grow out from the crown of her head...
This is what I had to work with, so I said challenge excepted! I sent "client pink" on her way to came back the next week after I do a weee bit of research for a new cut & color that fits her desires, but also when I have all the time needed to do this incredible challenge! So comes the part where I pick out the pictures to show her of what I have in mind and what will fit her needs but also from what she has now without damaging it further.

Here are the pictures I came up with and the one decided on...
Liked the intensity of it but I did explain the upkeep of this style & that there was going to be grow out. So not this...

Liked this one a little bit better the way it was wrapped in the hair and was showing underneath so there was less grow out to have to worry about later on. Still wanted a bit more Pink!

Perfect! We found the one that's closest to what "client pink" was hopping for! It had a lot of pink to it, it was underneath the hair so it would make grow out not noticeable! Than I informed her that I could even achieve the 2 colors of pink side by side! YEAH!
Now for the cut that's going to compliment this color. I picked something a tiny bit shorter with more funky disconnected layers that was really going to show off the pink underneath!
Something along these lines! Remember it has to be wash and wear also!
Color A = Wella multi blond blondor with 20vol
Color B= KP /8 10vol

I started with a Wella technique called Glamazon. You make a small diamond shaped pattern on the top of the crown...Than taking vertical weave slices @ back center point of diamond place foil and apply Color A. Continue around both sides of diamond working towards the front.

After all foils are place i applied Color B to all diamond shaped section to make an even natural color. Let that proses until the blond reaches a light yellow color. Rinse & dry.

Color C= Urban Shock Pink 1/2 tube (hot pink)
Color D= Urban Shock Pink 1/2 tube with conditioner (pastel pink)

After completely dry, part out same diamond pattern on top of crown as in the beginning. Your going to be placing foils same way you did to put in the blond but this time even thinner sliced grabbing only light yellow strands. Your going to be placing 2 foils side by side one with Color C and the next one with Color D so you have 2 pinks living in the same slice. To do this around both sides of diamond until all light yellow strand are placed into foils. Leave pinks on for 20min. Rinse.

While rinsing out "Client Pink" hair I could just see how beautiful and unique it looked, could not wait to put her new cut in and style!


And now..Drum Roll Please..Afters



WOW EEEE! looks amazing! "Client pink" LOVED IT! Everything just worked so well together!

3 comments:

Jessica Jarrell said...

I love her hair! I wish I had what it takes to put a really crazy color in my hair! I loved Katy Perry's hair last summer, with the pink bob.

Emme said...

I know, I love that celeberties are putting some funk in their hair. Only ones with that personality trait can really pull it off! you dont have to put permanet color in you can have bright colors with extentions. I have bright red (like that pic you like) in my hair now and its just a bead that gets put in! Its called Babe Hair Extentions!

Jessica Jarrell said...

Extensions! Can't believe I never thought of that! Good idea! I could definitely pull that off :)